Only Love Is Real

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lines withdrawn from blogs....2

I wrote this in lighter vein on a blog in response to a story by blog author, where author had written about his/her first mountaineering expedition and the scaring heights.
-------------------------
Long Long Time back..

I was a paratrooper with special quality. I was a sniper too.

It was Far east and we were dropped from a Bf 109 german freighter in between the british bastion at 10000 feet in early morning darkness.

The parachutes were all german, heavy but reliable. There was no time to think, the order came from the commander " Go" and one had to jump.

I did visualize my God and jumped. Very soon I was floating on the clouds and started counting. At the count between 80 and 100, the parachute had to open, other wise I needed to pull the latch.

I reached at the count of 80 without much thought...the feeling was good , I was sailing with hands and legs open. 90..91..92..Ok sometimes it happens ..one has to wait till 100 and if it does not open, then count again upto 20..

Count of 100 passed and the there was no usual sound of air gushing in the soft cloth...I started counting again. I could see fellow paratroopers being pulled up one by one as their chutes were opening up. 15..16..17..adrenalin was rushing up now..something is not working..the worst nightmare of the paratrooper was coming true. 20..21..22..I pulled up the auxilliary latch. At least no more waiting now, ...My god..the latch and the nylon is not coming out with ususal hiising sound. I gave a slight twist and pulled again..Nothing..I was now losing my mind..Death was never so near..After repeated attempts..there was no success, this parachute has stuck!

I was loosing altitude very fast 6000..5800..5500...

Now the next thought was how to reduce the speed with which I strike the earth..With 1 g I was gaining 10 m speed every second...I tried to spread my hands and legs ...no use..wind drag was so high that I could not spread an inch..I was shooting like a bullet now..

My rifle without silencer was on pulled tight on my shoulder...suddenly a thought comes to my mind....With great effort I pulled the rifle and brought it to the front...the magazines were cosily strapped around the waist..I streched my hand and tried to pull out one magazine..now fitting magazine to the gun travelling in air at speed of 250 km per hour was a task which could happen only in a james bond movie...But with life in thin air...I could do that somehow..the click of trigger accepting the magazine brought me to back from losing consiousness.. I

I firmly held the rifle and put the butt on my stomach...took a shot at the earth and fired.

The force of 25 kg rocked my stomach..but with no resistance in air ..I was thrown aback..I fired again...my velocity has reduced ...I kept counting the shots..there were 36 shots inside...As soon I was with in 1000 feet..I shot more frequently...By the time I was in 100 feet of earth..my velocity was only 25 kms per hour...couple of more shots and I landed on a dense foliage of trees and vegetation...I broke my leg..my arm..my ribs...but I lived and survived..unfortuantely british found me..but they gave better treatment...

The days with Azad Hind Fauz are etched in my memory...It all happened in past lifetime..

:):)...read with a pinch of salt..so speaks the blog author...

1 Comments:

Blogger suryagni said...

thanks before reading the last line i thought that it happened with you :(

June 21, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home